Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 22 - Your Favorite Horror Film



I’m not a huge fan of the horror genre. Gushing blood and axes just aren’t my idea of entertainment. A Nightmare on Elm Street is clever and The Shining is brilliant, but long. But the only horror movie I can truly say I adore is Ghostbusters.  


Okay, now, stay with me, here. When Ghostbusters was released in 1984, it was advertised as a comedy/horror movie. Really, it was. Perhaps the “horror” elements weren’t that scary, but I remember jumping a couple times when I watched in the theatre.  The first time. Now we think of it as a family comedy classic, but it wasn’t originally intended that way.  Perhaps it isn’t the best horror film, but it is a great film. 

Remember, “Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, say YES”. You gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment